How do you care for a damp basement?
Moisture can cause many problems in a damp basement:
- wood rot
- peeling paint
What are some possible ways to control the moisture or dampness in your basement?
- check any windows in your basement to make sure they are properly sealed
- install an exhaust fan
- check to see where your dryer is vented
- make sure your cold water pipes are wrapped with insulation or pipe sleeves
- check for clogged drains
- make sure gutters are clear
- install a dehumidifier
- use a waterproofing paint or masonry sealer on walls
- cover any exposed areas with a vapor barrier and concrete
- if you have had previous issues with flooding, install a drain or sump pump
- install a french drain to the exterior of your home to divert water
if you have tried any of the above methods and still have a moisture or dampness issue, contact HCG Contractor 1-800-Painting. We can find the problem and give you several options for repairs.
HCG CONTRACTOR 1-800-PAINTING CAN BE REACHED VIA OUR CONTACT FORM, EMAIL, OR PHONE AT 1-800-PAINTING OR 704-375-7378 Contact Us!