Your Fall Home Maintenance Checklist:
As the seasons start to change, you need to prepare your home for the changes in the temperatures and elements. For the exterior of your home, here are a few things to check:
- If you have antennas or satellite dish equipment on the roof or exterior of your home, check to make sure they are securely attached to the surface. Check any mounting straps, screws, or bolts.
- If you have a chimney, check for cracks or loose bricks and mortar. Inspect the surrounding flashing to make sure it is secure.
- Since fall is the time for falling leaves, make sure your gutters and downspouts are clean and secure.
- Check any trees that are close to your house. Make sure they are healthy and trim any limbs that could fall on your home.
- Check all windows and doors to make sure all weatherstripping and seals are in place. Replace any wood trim or molding that is weathered or rotten.
- Remove any leaves and brush from the exterior foundation of your home. Keep the foundation areas clean to help prevent standing water and keep rotting debris away from your home that may attract bugs.
- Turn off and drain any outside faucets.
- Close any exterior foundation vents
For the interior of your home, here are a few things to check:
- Test your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors and change the batteries
- Check the interior sides of all doors and windows to make sure all seals are intact.
- Test your heat to make sure it works properly.
- Inspect and clean out the interior of your fireplace.
If you have any questions or need help with your fall home maintenance checklist, give us a call! HCG Contractor 1-800-PAINTING is happy to perform a free fall home maintenance inspection to make sure your home is ready for the fall temperatures and elements!
Here is a link to some of the services we offer: