Wallcovering / Wallpaper Repairs:
Do you have a wallcovering or wallpaper that you absolutely love, but is in need or repair? If you have extra rolls of your existing wallcovering / wallpaper, HCG Contractor may be able to help! Our crew is available to look at the damage to your wallcovering / wallpaper and provide you with options.
Prior to scheduling an appointment, here are a few questions that will help HCG Contractor to help better serve you:
- What is the age of your existing wallcovering / wallpaper?
- Was the wallcovering or wallpaper installed when your home was under construction?
- How many rolls of extra wallcovering / wallpaper do you have? (Please have on site when we arrive)
- If you do not have any extra wallcovering / wallpaper, would you like to remove the existing wallcovering and replace it with a similar pattern? Would you like to remove the existing wallcovering and paint the existing areas?
Here is a list of common wallcovering / wallpaper issues that we may be able to repair:
- Scratches, gouges, scrapes, punctures, or holes – If you have enough replacement wallcovering or wallpaper with the exact pattern match that needs repair, this can many times be an easy fix. The biggest challenge may be the age of the wallcovering. Also, were the walls were properly prepared during the wallcovering installation process? If the existing wallcovering is well aged, the new patch will stand out and make the surrounding wallcovering look dull or dirty.
- Peeling seams – Usually, this is another simple repair that can be completed without any extra wallcovering needed. Again, the biggest challenge is how the existing wallcovering was installed and is the walls were properly prepared prior to installation
- Previous wallcovering repair has shrunk – This should be an easy repair if there is enough wallcovering of the existing pattern.
- Bubbles in the wallcovering – This is a repair that can usually be completed without any additional wallcovering. The difficulty of the repair depends on how the walls were prepared prior to installation. Also, the problem may be due to a wallcovering issue.
- Shrunken seams – This repair is sometimes tricky and may require removal and replacement of the existing shrunken areas.
If you have any questions about your existing wallcovering or wallpaper, give HCG Contractor a call. Our crew is always available to help!
If you are looking for a replacement pattern or a match for your existing wallcovering, here is one of the sites we recommend: